Saturday, January 6, 2018

December Reading and Writing Wrap Up

I have so many fun things to share from last month! First, my website, blog and all of my social media outlets got a facelift. I hope everyone likes the new look. Second, I did a lot of planning last month to set up the awesome indie reading challenge that I posted on New Years Day! And, finally, there was plenty of reading and writing that got done.




READING:

Books Reviewed in December:

I finished The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware last month. I liked this book. It was a good mystery and I found the ending satisfying.

Books Read in December:

I'm almost done with Mind Hunter by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker. I really wanted to finish this in December, but I lost interest in it as I got toward the end. Really, it's a fascinating book, it just felt a little too long.

Books to read in January:

I'm reading  Veiled by Stacey Rourke. I just started this so I don't have much to say yet, but I am liking it.



WRITING:

I'm back on the Cereus Vampire Chronicles bandwagon. I've been editing the sequel to Unearthed After Sunset and hopefully will be sending it off to betas soon. I know I said this a few months ago, but then I added a few new scenes and had to do another read through. 



BLOGGING:

As I mentioned earlier, the blog got a new look just in time for the new year. I also had a lot of fun last month setting up the Indie Book Goal Movement. I'm pledging to read 10 indie books in 2018, and I'm hoping other readers, bloggers and writers will join me in this pledge. I'm really excited to see what books people suggest for me to read. I'm also still working to grow my mailing list and am still giving away FREE copies of Into the Deep to anyone that joins.

My Favorite Blog Posts in November:

Favorite Post Written: Writing Bad-Boys and Unhealthy Relationships: I really liked writing this post because I think this is a really important thing to discuss, especially when we look at YA fiction. I really wanted to look at how to write a redemption arc for a tortured anti-hero the right way. I love bad-boys in books, but authors need to be wary of romanticizing unhealthy relationships.

Favorite Post Read: 5 Tips On How To Properly Write a Love Scene at Falling Down the Book Hole: Love scenes can be some of the hardest scenes to write and this guest post offers some great advice.



PERSONAL:

Christmas was busy. My husband and I split the holidays between our families so we did a lot of driving, but we had a wonderful time getting to see everyone.


How was your December?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indie Book Goal 2018